Cleaning and Disinfecting during COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) set forth a guidance for all Americans, whether you own a business, or run a school, to ensure the cleanliness and safety of your surroundings. It is very important to first clean your areas before you disinfect. We recommend you do the following:
- Develop your plan
- Implement your plan
- Maintain and revise your plan with new developments https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2020-04/documents/316485-b_reopeningamerica_combo_placard_infographic_4.19_6pm.pdf
Making sure you reduce the exposure of COVID-19 by cleaning and disinfecting is very important part of reopening and staying open during this pandemic. The virus that causes COVID-19 can be killed if you use the right products. EPA has compiled a list of disinfectant products that can be used against COVID-19. https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-coronavirus-covid-19
It is important to work with a Distributor that meets the following to ensure your success:
- Product is available to meet your needs
- FDA compliant products
- EPA products on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) list for disinfectants
- Train associates to show how to properly clean the surfaces and follow directions on the disinfectants for the appropriate contact time.
Other things that are very important:
- Wearing gloves while cleaning and disinfecting
- Changing gloves after each use
- Washing your hands thoroughly (with soap and water for at least 20 seconds) even though you wore gloves.